Associate Data Scientist-ISD
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Data Science and Machine Learning
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 868974BR
What you'll do
The mission of the Retail Data Science team:
“WE ENGINEER SYSTEMS OF INTELLIGENCE AND ACTION TO AUTOMATE RETAIL DECISIONS AT SCALE”
The team creates value for Walmart customers through researching and building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algos, models, platforms, and technologies. Our team of high caliber engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize decisions. We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build this portfolio of AI/ML/OR models in a rapid test, learn, modify cycle. Our product teams include our business partners – directly. We see the outcomes of our work to enhance decisions every day.
We are seeking experts adept at partnering with the business, growing talented teams, and building capability development in tech. The ideal leader will combine expertise in AI/ML/OR Open Source/Tech knowledge, hands-on experience in algorithm planning, engineering, strategic capability development in AI/ML/OR, and imparting keen understanding of revenue models and value creation.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities in retail, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops analytical models to drive analytic insights
- Leads small and participates in large data analytics project teams
- Manages the continuous improvement of data science and analytics
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Presents data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years experience in an analytics related field OR Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years experience in an analytics related field.
- 2 years of experience with Network Flow Optimization, Integer Programming/Mixed Integer Programming, or Non-Linear Programming
- 3 years of experience in Object-Oriented Programming
- 1 year experience with big data analytics.
- 5 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 5 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R).
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering,Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics and 10 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering,Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 3 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Master's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 6 years experience in an analytics related field.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents