Technical Manager-ISD East
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 865344BR
What you'll do at
- Technical – has worked as a software engineer in the past or in a role requiring hands-on technical aptitude
- Project Management – has track record of managing software projects to delivery
- Agile – committed to agile methods, but not pedantic about which flavor or specific practices
- Quality Focus – understands approaches to ensuring quality
- Cloud Aware – has worked with products deployed on cloud infrastructure or SaaS
- Product Management – has worked as a product manager or can clearly articulate the product management function
- People Management – experience enabling direct reports and facilitating career growth
- Communication – outstanding communication skills and possess strong relationship building persona
- Product / Commercial – has worked for a product company or commercial entity that is technology focused
- Retail / e-commerce – has helped to field solutions for a retail or e-commerce business
- Culture – has well-founded ideas about engineering culture; can speak to culture from experience
- Community / OSS – participates in technical communities (meetups, open source, volunteerism, etc); knows the area and tech community
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 7 years experience in software development, including C#, Web Services, Integration using XML and .Net, or SQL Server 2005-2008, OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience in software development, including C#, Web Services, Integration using XML and .Net, or SQL Server 2005-2008.
- Strong knowledge in software development theory and practice
- Software Engineering background
- Experience in agile delivery and DevOps
- Experience with product management
- Solid understanding of SOA / microservices principles
- Experience leading highly scalable, enterprise projects to delivery
- Experience enabling teams and individuals in both direct reporting and matrix structures
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience with cloud-based solutions or SAAS models
About Walmart Labs
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts