Senior Manager, Merchandise Operations Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 853293BR
What you'll doReporting to the Head of Retail Strategy, Planning, and Business Development within the Retail organization, the Product Strategy & Planning team works cross-functionally across lines of business (e.g. Stores, eCommerce), eCommerce divisions (e.g. Supply Chain/Operations, Marketing, Retail, Product), categories (e.g. Electronics, Home, Baby), and brands/sites (e.g. Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoebuy.com, and Moosejaw.com) to drive the Retail organization’s key product priorities. The team’s core activities will include:
• Retail product feature prioritization/implementation: Develop and manage a framework and process to prioritize key product features for the Retail organization and partner with Product/Engineering organizations to implement/track progress on/report on prioritized requests.
• Program management: Collaborate with the Strategy & Business Development team members to develop strategies and operating models, and manage/execute key product initiatives.
You’ll be managing the prioritization, communication, coordination, and tracking of key Retail product features. We expect you to be nimble and enjoy a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a bias toward action, and an ability to influence senior executive stakeholders. You’ll be accountable for working collaboratively with partner organizations and for delivering high-impact projects successfully and on-time.
Key activities will include:
• Setting up a nimble process to prioritize and manage projects
• Identify and manage key stakeholders across organizations and geographies
• Communicate directly with executive management team to share project statuses, and to escalate risks and issues as needed to ensure visibility, ownership, and timely resolution
• Champion process improvement initiatives across the Retail organization to make us more agile and to improve communications
• Think strategically on how to solve issues
• 5+ years of experience in product management, management consulting project management or relevant consulting experience
• Experience in digital businesses
• Maniacal about organization and attention to detail – No one will be reviewing your work but there is lot at stake
• Ability to manage stakeholder expectations
• Ability to plan and estimate work.
• Some travel may be required
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Ecommerce experience is a plus
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents