- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Team Data Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 851626BR
What you'll doWalmart Labs is seeking outstanding technologists for our Walmart Labs Retail Data Science team.
The mission of the Retail Data Science team:
“WE ENGINEER SYSTEMS OF INTELLIGENCE AND ACTION TO AUTOMATE RETAIL DECISIONS AT SCALE”
The team creates value for Walmart customers through researching and building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algos, models, platforms, and technologies. Our team of high caliber engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize decisions. We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build this portfolio of AI/ML models in a rapid test, learn, modify cycle. Our product teams include our business partners – directly. We see the outcomes of our work to enhance decisions every day.
We are seeking experts adept at partnering with the business, growing talented teams, and building capability development in tech. The ideal leader will combine expertise in AI/ML/Open Source/Tech knowledge, hands-on experience in algorithm planning, engineering, strategic capability development in AI/ML, and imparting keen understanding of revenue models and value creation.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities in retail, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale.
- Conducts application analysis and design for end users
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops team member capabilities
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates on team projects
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Supports Information Systems Division (ISD) applications
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 1/2 years experience in information technology within the past 5 years OR 3 1/2 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 5 years OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 2 years experience writing SQL queries in a database platform (for example, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
- 3 years of development experience in C/C++.
- 3 years of development experience in Java.
- 3 years of development experience in Microsoft .Net.
- 3 years of development experience in SAP.
- 3 years of development experience in business intelligence tools.
- 3 years of development experience in mainframe technologies.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents