Director, Customer Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Marketing & Customer Insights
- Team Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 845153BR
What you'll do atWalmart is looking for a Director of Analytics for our growing Customer Experience Insights Team! The Customer Experience Insights team leverages the power of Big Data, leading edge research technology, and the best talent in the industry to define and design how our company serves our customers.
At Walmart, we pride ourselves for knowing our customers and connecting with them better than any other company. We interact with our customers across more categories than any company in the world. Because we want to hear what those customers say, we gather direct feedback from over 800,000 per month – enough to understand what our customers think is working and what isn’t at each and every one of our stores and across all our digital channels. We use every visit, search, click and purchase to help deliver the easiest shopping experience both digitally and physically .
We are data scientists, predictive modelers, and research gurus that work together to uncover the “why’s” behind behavior. As a Director of Analytics, you will have an opportunity to initiate innovative research techniques at scale, and leverage the power of technology, big data and analytics to improve the lives of the 200 million customers that shop with us every week.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Manages and drives the development and management of a customer-level demand forecasting and analysis capability to inform on sources of customer profitability and strategic investments for business strategy for an analytics discipline (for example, forecasting and demand analysis, predictive modeling, data mining)
- Manages relationships with advanced analytics suppliers
- Oversees advanced statistical analytics initiatives for customer-centric management strategies
- Provides overall direction
- 4 years experience supervising others.
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or related field and 6 years of experience in data analytics or related field OR 16 years of experience in data analytics or related field
- 6 years of experience in web design or web analytics.
- 6 years of experience using a Business Intelligence (BI) tool (for example, Oracle) to create a report to specifications.
- 6 years of experience using exploratory data analysis
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents