Senior Manager of Data Science and Research - People Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Human Resources
- Team Human Resources
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 842061BR
What you'll doAt Walmart, we pride ourselves for knowing our associates and connecting with them. We interact with our associates across more capacities than any company in the world – starting with the 6 million applicants for Walmart US alone. Because we want to provide the best opportunities for our associates to learn, grow and thrive, we gather direct feedback throughout their employment life cycle to understand what our associates think is working and what isn’t at each and every stage of that journey. We use touch points to help deliver the best working experience both digitally and physically.
We leverage the power of Big Data, leading edge research technology, and the best talent in the industry to define and design how our company captures and delivers research data to the business. We are data scientists, choice architects, predictive modelers, and research gurus that work together to uncover the “why’s” behind behavior. As a Senior Manager of Data Science and Research, you will have an opportunity to initiate innovative research techniques at scale, and leverage experiment, big data and analytics to influence behavior change.
- Analyzes and interprets integrated information to improve business efficiency and effectiveness
- Consults with internal organizations on strategic initiatives or multi-business initiatives
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages strategies, processes, projects, and analytical best practices
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides data-based insights for strategy
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field OR Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field OR doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 2 year of supervisory experience.
- 5 years experience developing and testing website applications.
- 5 years experience using a business intelligence (BI) tool (for example, Oracle) to create reports to specifications.
- 5 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, D2B, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 5 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS).
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents