Manager, Food Inspection and Quality Control - Mankato, MN
- Location MANKATO, MN
- Career Area Legal, Compliance & Ethics
- Job Function Quality Assurance and Safety
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 838339BR
What you'll do
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Oversees Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversees Walmart's fruit ripening program
- Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature
- Oversees communication on product quality to the distribution center
- Oversees quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs
- Prepares distribution center overhead budget
- Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
- 1 year experience in food safety or related field.
- 2 years experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 2 years fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents