Principal Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Marketing & Customer Insights
- Team Customer Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 838225BR
What you'll do at Walmart Labs@WalmartLabs is looking for a strong Product leader to set the north star for Electronics and Entertainment shopping for our customers, and manage a team to execute against that vision. Your mandate will be to establish specialized experiences for these customer journeys that feels more like your favorite dedicated shopping destination than that of a mass retailer. You will also be the direct partner to the Retail, Marketing, Operations and Technology leadership to craft and execute on the larger business strategy for these verticals.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
The Principal Product Manager role will:
• Provide strong consulting through a deep understanding of business problems, being able to connecting data, analytics and people, and developing and implementing creative solutions to support the social marketing
• Work with a team of high-performing analytics, data science professionals and product managers to identify business opportunities and optimize product performance/engagement.
• Own end-to-end product analytics - analyze and mine both structured and unstructured data to drive product centric as well as user centric insights.
• Develop and test analytical solutions to be leveraged by both internal and external clients
• Effectively communicate findings and insights from data to business partners to drive data-driven product and business decisions.
• Be a thought partner to the product team.
• Proactively identify opportunities to leverage insights across multiple pyramids throughout the organization.
•2+ years supervisory experience.
• Ability to work effectively across a large organization to drive Product forward
•Strong problem-solving skills
•Healthy balance of intellectual curiosity, playfulness and common sense
•A deep sense of mission for making Walmart a powerful solution for our customers and a strong competitor in the marketplace
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents