Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Accounting & Finance
- Team Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 837867BR
What you'll do atSamsClub.com is seeking a Senior Finance Manager as a critical team member to drive and support our high growth eCommerce business into the next generation supply chain and logistics function. Primary responsibilities includes monthly analytical review and reporting, root cause analyses and forecasting utilizing a full 360 degree supply chain view including Transportation, Fulfillment, and Reverse Supply Chain. The Senior Finance Manager will work independently, plan and oversee a regular finance cadence including monthly close and forecasting, leadership reporting, analytical packages, and help lead best in class, comprehensive Budgeting/AOP and long range planning
The role will identify and help business partners understand key interdependencies, proactively highlight opportunities and risks and develop robust mitigation plans. Other key responsibilities include working closely with the Director of Supply Chain Finance and cross functional groups to understand and financially evaluate new supply chain/network strategies; streamline and leverage systems and other efficiencies for the monthly close, build financial business case models to assess network development business cases, ROI and NPV; and numerous ad-hoc analyses. This is all in support of network expansion to drive an overall lower cost to serve our members. The position will help ensure SamsClub.com Supply Chain long term strategy is scalable, flexible, focuses on delivering a superior customer experience while lowering costs, to be reinvested in driving top line growth.
Monthly Financial, Operational Reporting and Analyses (30%)
•Business Partnering - Support monthly P&L review process and provide monthly management business reporting (MBR) materials on actual performance versus planned results, forecast, & prior year, prepare monthly variance reports for business owners, and analyze key performance metrics by facility (e.g. cost per unit, productivity, cost to serve).
• Leadership Analytical Packet - Prepare actionable insights, root case analyses, accurate and timely financial reports for Finance senior management in support of company reporting cycles.
• Monthly Close/ Reporting- Consolidate, reconcile, validate, and obtain clarification of financial and operational information, from multiple sources, to report forecast and budget variances. Monitor P&L lines during monthly financial close; research and explain variances to forecast, isolating volume impact from rate drivers, approve monthly 3PL invoices and flow details through supply chain P&L. Prepare monthly Transportation accrual for accounting.
•Partnership - Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with key business partners (various teams in Operations including Allocation & Planning, Transportation, Merchandize Planning, Sams.com logistics partners in Bentonville etc.) to ensure alignment on strategies and to maximize financial results.
•Dynamic Modeling - Create and maintain multiple forecast models for different parts of the core supply chain functional areas including Transportation, Fulfillment, and Reverse Logistics. Drive a ±5% variance to forecast by process improvement, partnership and continuous learning.
Strategic Decision Support and Analysis (20%)
•Trusted Advisor - Distill large amount of data into relevant facts, create and gather buy-in for data assumptions in an
- Develops and executes financial planning processes for assigned areas (for example, Merchandising, Marketing departments)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Oversees performance management activities
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides input for business decisions
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Reviews and develops forecasting process for assigned operations, divisions, and departments
Bachelor’s degree required; B.S. in business administration, economics, finance, mathematics preferred
Demonstrated advanced, analytical and quantitative skills
Able to streamline and simply workflow processes and enhance forecasting accuracy
A solid understanding of accounting principles
Retail/E-commerce experience a plus
Role includes occasional travel to Bentonville, AR and/or other domestic locations
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents