Senior Transportation Finance Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Supply Chain & Logistics
- Team Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 835469BR
What you'll do atThe role of the Senior Transportation Finance Manager focuses is to lead and coordinate key Walmart.com planning, forecasting and reporting processes and analyze operational and financial metrics to identify opportunities/risks and to drive business results. Candidates will be expected to utilize their accounting and financial background to provide financial advice to respective business partners. Candidates should possess the interpersonal skills necessary to function effectively as an ambassador and service provider while maintain fiduciary responsibilities.
As a whole, Walmart.com’s goal is to provide the best possible customer experience while leveraging expenses in order to deliver additional value in the form of lower prices for our consumers. The Transportation team executes to that goal each and every day.
Core responsibilities of the Senior Transportation Finance Manager will include:
1. Forecasting & Planning (40%)
• Develop and execute financial planning processes for the Transportation area by partnering with Operations leaders to develop and communicate budgets and forecasts.
• Manage and conducts budget review meetings.
• Quantify and articulate risks and opportunities in achieving forecasts and prepare monthly “cause of change” reports related to these forecasts .
• Understand the key tools available for research and reporting and actively incorporate them into tracking and forecasting process. Learn reporting databases and become self-sufficient in data pulls.
• Lead automation of models and processes which result in streamlining forecasting, month-end and other on-going reporting needs.
2. Analysis (40%)
• Provide input for business decisions by producing detailed financial models and P&Ls incorporating assumptions, expectations, and known risks.
• Prepare presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations; participate in business case presentations to senior and executive management; clearly articulate merits of case under consideration.
• Analyze operational and financial Transportation metrics to provide a deeper understanding of key expense drivers. Provide analyses and recommendations to drive toward improved customer experience and expense leverage.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve efficiency in core Finance processes, to analyze the business from new value-added perspectives, and to enhance the strategic role of Finance in the organization.
3. Leadership (20%)
• Manage a team of 3-5 Walmart associates who support financial forecasting and reconciliation. Support their professional development through training and providing increasing responsibilities.
• Foster a team based working environment. Be seen as a leader in thought process and collaboration. Develop solid working relationships with business partners. Ability to influence and clear/succinct communication are key skill sets for the role.
• Promote and support Company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
• Be seen as a high potential leader who can increase capacity and take on larger roles within the organization.
• Proficiency with SQL, Excel, Access, Essbase, and other relevant query and analysis tools.
• Deep understanding of supply chain operations and finance, preferably in an eCommerce environment.
• Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a related field. Masters in Business Administration or a related field is a plus.
• Experience with freight and parcel expense management, in particular invoicing and audit procedures.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents