Technical Expert- Application Penetration Testing
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 834797BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsThe "Technical Expert- Application Penetration Testing" will:
•Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in commercial, open source, and custom software applications; infrastructure; people; and processes running across one of the world’s largest networks
• Manage vulnerability and exploit data in large scale tests using collaboration tools across a tight-knit team
• Compose test reports and record vulnerability data according to Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) processes
• Deliver technical debriefs to engineers and developers as needed
• Never stop learning the latest and most advanced security testing techniques, development tools, and frameworks
• Maintain testing tools, hardware, and equipment, creating new tools where appropriate
• Demonstrable experience identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in commercial, open source, and custom software products
• Demonstrable experience identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in mobile applications (iOS, Android) is highly preferred
• Demonstrable strong experience with penetration testing tools (e.g. Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc) and also capable of manually executing these same types of attacks without the use of the tools
• Demonstrable experience conducting post-exploitation activities is required
• Demonstrable experience conducting code reviews is preferred
• Excellent written communication skills
• Prior experience developing communication on technical subjects to be read by individuals with diverse levels of technical knowledge.
• Excellent verbal skills preferred, security conference talks or publications are a plus
• Excellent knowledge of common operating systems is required, knowledge of less popular and legacy operating systems is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of common networking configurations, load balancing, firewalls, and security controls
• Strong knowledge of authentication and SSO technologies
• Strong knowledge of applied cryptography and common implementation flaws
• Knowledge of virtualized infrastructures is preferred
• Prior experience with retail technologies is preferred
• Ability to develop software in python and ruby is highly preferred
• Ability to build automation to eliminate reoccurring/repetitious work
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields, plus 4 years working in security roles, OR, 7+ years working in security testing roles
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents