Site Merchandising Lead, Shoes
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 834250BR
What you'll do• Plans, communicates, and executes site merchandising plans, site changes, new program and category rollouts, and new technology
• Drive the continuous improvement of site standards and performance by identifying opportunities within the Shoes category, developing a plan to action them, and executing to deliver objectives
• Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Site Merchandising
• Ensure business needs and KPIs (Traffic, Conversion, AOS) are being met
• Ensure implementation and optimization of site strategies
• Ensure customers can discover and buy the products they want using site merchandising and CMS tools
• Continuously improve product discovery by defining and developing the appropriate product category structure and assortment
• Manage and optimize Shoe category and brand landing pages
• Be the liaison with creative to get assets needed for the core site experience and seasonal campaigns as needed
• Improve current taxonomy to increase shopability and also optimize SEO results
• Monitor in-stock levels and drive traffic to buyable areas, balancing revenue, profitability, and inventory requirements
• Develop and manage curated product listing pages (shelves) to elevating key brands and products across the customer’s navigation experience
• Evolve site taxonomy structure build for easier customer access and findability
• Understand customer search and browse behavior, click path, and what enables or inhibits them from selecting and purchasing items, and adjust shelf structure to meet customer needs
• Ensure product data is accurate and complete across the category catalog
• Prioritize and optimize facets so that the left-hand navigation is line with products on shelf and supports the customer decision tree
• Understand internal/external and marketing vehicle traffic flows to develop relevant landing destinations for the customer and drive increased and improved product views
• Evaluate external and internal search terms to understand customer intent and optimize the landing experiences to deliver to those intents
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with cross functional teams to drive efficiencies and scalability, particularly merchandising and creative
• Work closely with the shoes.com team, based in Boston
• Manage temporary resources as needed for projects such as cleanup of product attributes, categorization, etc.
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
A successful candidate must
• Be flexible, action- and results-oriented, and self-starting. They must be proficient in analyzing data and drawing actionable insights
• Be adept at leveraging data, customer insights and decision tree matrices to develop and maintain a first in class customer shopping experience
• Be willing to learn and use site merchandising tools to execute new and optimized experiences
• Be able to conceptualize, build and maintain backend website taxonomy to support new and existing business categories, optimizing experiences for discoverability and SEO
• Be able to test and optimize site builds leveraging real-time analytics for both browse and search customer behavior
• Understand how to influence and adjust ranking algorithms to drive to desired P&L results
• Bachelors degree, preferably in business or marketing
• Proven and demonstrable analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• Team player
• Experience with enterprise-level web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Advanced Excel Proficiency
• MBA Degree
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents