- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Distribution Centers
- Team Warehousing - Hourly
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Hourly
- Requisition 833295BR
What you'll do
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Fuel Walmart equipment including moving the over-the-road tractors to and from the fuel island to other locations on the distribution center lot according to written procedures.
- Maintain and repair tractor-trailer tires, including install/dismount tires onto/off wheels using tire tools/machinery (e.g., tire machine, tire bar, wheel dolly), repair flats and balance tires according to written procedures.
- Maintain and repair trailers, including lights, landing gear, interior panels, roof repairs, floors, doors and threshold plates, according to written procedures.
- Maintain, repair and replace tractor and trailer brake system components (e.g., hydraulic, air, anti-skid, S-cam, ABS, EBS) according to written procedures.
- Make electrical/wiring repairs to trailer light assemblies according to written procedures.
- Perform 8-point inspection of yard and over-the-road tractors according to written procedures.
- Perform inbound trailer inspections on the distribution center lot according to procedures.
- Prepare fuel samples for analysis and shipment.
- Provide preventative maintenance and repairs on all Walmart equipment e.g., tractors, trailers, road trucks, shop equipment (air compressors, forklifts, wash bay) service vehicles, etc.
- Provide preventative maintenance on tractor-trailer brake system components (e.g., hydraulic, air, anti-skid, S-cam, ABS, EBS), including adjustment or replacement according to written procedures.
- Receive fuel drops
- Replace leaky wheel seals according to written procedures.
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Section 396.25, which includes one of the following: successful completion of a brake maintenance or inspection training program sponsored by a brake or vehicle manufacturer or similar commercial training program OR 1 year experience performing brake maintenance or inspection in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year experience performing brake maintenance or inspection at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Section 396.19, which includes one of the following: Successful completion of a State or Federal training program or has a certificate from a state or Canadian Province which qualifies the person to perform commercial vehicle inspections OR successful completion of a truck or trailer manufacturer sponsored training program or similar commercial training program designed to train students in truck operation and maintenance OR 1 year experience as a mechanic or inspector in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year experience as a mechanic or inspector in truck or trailer maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or other similar facility OR 1 year experience as a commercial vehicle inspector for a State, Provincial, or Federal Government.
- 1 year experience using computer applications (for example, email, spreadsheets, word processing).
- 2 years' experience in trailer inspection and mechanical repair.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Brake Certification.
- Both Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) driver's certification.
- College or technical school level coursework in Heavy Duty Truck/Trailer Maintenance.
- DOT vehicle inspection certification.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents