Head of Brand and Thought Leadership
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Corporate Affairs & Communications
- Team Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 827998BR
What you'll do at• Develop strategy for partnerships, including fostering leadership-level relationships with VCs, incubation groups, and academic institutions
• Be an enthusiastic ambassador for Store No 8 at industry events and in meetings with external partners
• Manage & develop an ever-evolving calendar of content, events, and launch announcements for Store No 8 and key executives
• Work extremely closely and collaboratively with external public relations firm to lead strategy and content development for brand-owned editorial and social outlets
• Develop and train internal spokespeople, and manage speaking engagements for executives
• Serve as point-of-contact liaison between Store No 8 and Walmart team
• Prepare presentations and collateral for events, panels, fireside chats, and speaking opportunities
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including facilities, external vendors, networking, technical support and PR agency to manage event production
• Build relationships with thought leaders
• Create and execute both annual and special events, source speaking opportunities, and prepare spokespeople
• A combination of 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications, preferably in the tech and retail space
• Experience managing enterprise-wide communications initiatives for leadership
• Direct experience in live events in a strategic, planning or operations role
• Ability to manage stakeholder expectations for both internal team and key external partners
• Willingness to travel and be available on evenings and weekends, as needed
• Experience in technology writing and executive communication strategy is a major plus
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents