Senior Security Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 827623BR
What you'll do at
This position would work on tasks including:
• Identifying logging gaps in ingress security visibility and rule coverage
• Building and maintaining log flow for ingress security alerts
• Building and maintaining drilldown dashboards for ingress security visibility
• Building and maintaining automated alerts and notifications for security events
• Working with Security Operations Center to create meaningful alerts
• Working with Security Operations Center to assist with analysis
Senior Security Engineer primarily responsible for improving visibility into ingress security alerts. Responsibilities include: identifying gaps in ingress security visibility and rule coverage, building out automated alerting and notifications for security events, working with site teams to understand critical services and how to monitor them for security events, building and maintain drilldown dashboards that can be used in the events of a site incident, and providing site teams with the tools to monitor security responses for their sites in real time.
Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience building and automating reports, dashboards, and alerts
• Strong understanding of eCommerce sites and how they operate
• Know at least 1 scripting language
• Strong communication skills
• Able to quickly learn existing security processes and initiate improvements based on current web security needs.
Manager's Preferred Qualifications (3-5 "nice to haves")
• Experience coding in Lua or Go
• Experience with retrieving/analyzing data from HDFS
• Experience with publishing to or streaming from Kafka
About Walmart Labs
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts