Senior Ingress Security Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 827623BR
What you'll do at
Department Summary: The Information Security team has the herculean task of assuring that customers can safely shop with peace of mind knowing their data and information will be safe and secure. Solving some of the most unique cyber security problems in the industry, our team members share an elevated level of creativity and ingenuity to secure data for one of the largest e-commerce operations in the world.
The Edge Ingress Security team is responsible for defending our eCommerce properties from web based attacks, DDoS attacks, unwanted scripted traffic, and fraudulent behavior. We are seeking a talented security engineer to assist with:
• WAF policy creation, tuning, and enforcement across global eCommerce sites
• Evaluating ingress (inbound web application traffic flows) security policies and adapting as threat landscape changes
• Maturing our client-side evaluation offering
• Assessing and managing ingress security protection during active attacks
• Managing scripted traffic across all web properties
• Working with network and site teams to ensure protection for all ingress flows
• Detailed knowledge of network and web related protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, etc.)
• Strong understanding of web properties and how they operate including CDNs
• Experience with client-side fingerprinting/data collection
• Experience using a log management tool such as Splunk, Kibana, ArcSight, etc.
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language
• A desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross functional team
• A strong sense of accountability and self-motivation
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
• Strong analytical skills
• 5 years’ work experience in Information Security in a related discipline
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts