Category Manager, TVs
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 827300BR
What you'll doAbout Jet
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet is looking for a strategic, collaborative, and passionate individual to lead a sub-category in the Healthcare Category. Each member of Jet’s Category Management Team acts as the business manager of part of Jet’s catalog, and is responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, pricing and collaborating with the Partner Manager team.
The Sr. Category Manager will be responsible for a given TV's subcategory:
• Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise
• Own and optimize the product sourcing mix
• Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
• Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience - Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
• Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
• Collaborate with Jet’s marketing team around category promotions
• Build and lead a team where necessary to execute on category objectives
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple departments or categories
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple departments or categories
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Walmart.com Merchandising
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
• Passion for eCommerce and for Jet’s mission
• Excitement about getting hands dirty, learning the product, defining new processes and collaborating with many Jet teams – required!
• Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
• Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfortable engaging with senior executives
• Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
• Track record in building, leading and developing a team
• Direct retail experience, ideally within the Wholesale industry, preferred
• Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents