- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Data Science and Machine Learning
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 826274BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsThis position is part of the Growth organization in @WalmartLabs. We are seeking talented and self-driven individuals to join the Walmart Performance Ads team. The Walmart Performance Ads team owns the platform that enhances user experience while improving monetization on Walmart.com, by displaying highly contextual and targeted product advertisements to our customers. The team operates an end to end advertising platform that includes a scalable ad service that serves hundred of millions of impressions each day, sophisticated ad matching algorithms, real-time reports, advertiser tools for end to end program management etc. The Walmart Performance Ads team uses Walmart scale big data and relies on the bleeding edge technologies to power the platform. In this role, you will:
- Participate in data collection, feature engineering, experimentation and deployment of machine learned models to improve user experience on Walmart.com
- Leverage Hadoop, Spark and related technologies to derive insights from big data
- Explore new algorithms, evaluation metrics, tools to build and deploy machine learned models on various Walmart online properties.
- Build pipelines and the framework to automate various components of a machine learning system. Write clean and maintainable code in Scala, Java, Python and Ruby
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP and related fields
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Mastery of one or more programming languages
- Experience with search relevance, recommendation systems, or ad ranking a plus
- Knowledge of data analysis tools like numpy, scipy, scikit
- Experience using big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc. and relational databases like MySQL, Oracle
- Ability to mentor others and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative start-up like environment
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents