Senior Manager, Engineering, International
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 826191BR
What you'll do atThe Sr. Manager of Engineering will be a founding member of Walmart eCommerce newly created Cross- Border Trade Initiative.
You will base your work on customer and end user needs and business objectives, lead the engineering roadmap through collaboration with multiple in-market and corporate working teams, measure outcomes to ensure desired results, promote a customer-centric environment, and demonstrate adaptability within a large, complex organization. Collaborating with Walmart Labs proprietary and open sourced tool, you’ll be able to frame the future of one of Walmart’s key strengths – to serve a global market better. As a technical leader, you will provide support and domain expertise to the cross-functional teams across the enterprise as well as Walmart International eCommerce leadership teams
• Defines system architecture and tactical solutions for product development
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Ensures delivery success
• Ensures efficient delivery of quality product
• Improves, optimizes, and identifies opportunities for improved software development life cycle
• Manages the testing of a functional domain of the technology platform and builds solutions with directors and above to align with business strategy
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports continuous process improvement and innovation
• Experience with design and development of highly scalable, platforms in the cloud, which include catalog, order management, and/or payment for consumers.
• Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams with an agile mindset
• Ability to quickly build relationships with key partners across the enterprise
• Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to achieving objectives
• Effective communicator to act as an advisor to senior leadership and partners
• Flexible and adaptive in ambiguous environments
• At least 1-year supervisory experience of a technical team.
• Start-up mentality. Constantly iterating to be best in class.
• International commerce / payments / logistics experience
• Startup or setting programs and teams from the ground up experience
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents