Principal Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Technology & Software Development
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 826129BR
What you'll do at
As a principal engineer in the team, you will have opportunities to influence the technical roadmap and work with other engineers on different aspects of the system such as personalized recommendations and targeting, conversion modeling, bid optimization, lifetime value optimization, look-alike modeling etc. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work hands on large scale real-time machine learning models using state of the art technologies including NoSQL, Apache Spark, and Kafka. The algorithms you develop will be used for personalized remarketing for users as well as driving completely new visitors and customers to Walmart. If you speak and think machine learning, then we want to talk to you. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
• Good functional coding skills in C++, Java, Scala in addition to good knowledge of one of the scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
• Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.)
• Knowledge of Spark, Scikit-learn, Problem solving, Willing to learn new technologies.
• Knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
• Superior ability to analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
• Proven experience working with statistical languages such as R.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Self-starter, Quick learner, Keen observer, eye for detail and someone who relishes challenges
• Strong research and publication record
• Prior experience as an applied research engineer or data engineer building machine learning pipelines for problems including search, recommendations, targeting etc
About Walmart Labs
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts