Staff Software Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 817272BR
What you'll do• Design, prototype, and develop high-performance software for our asynchronous optimization system for automated performance enhancements
• Maintain and expand upon our performance data related systems including a high throughput map/reduce interface on a custom time series database
• Discover and implement new performance optimizations for the site and traffic routing
• Build internal tools to monitor, manage, and automate existing systems
• Mentor and guide other team members
• Experience with CDN, proxy, performance
• Strong background in process design for reliable systems; strong “big picture” awareness of systems
• Good generalist experience, with ability and willingness to read and write into all layers of a software stack
• Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Mathematics, or similar field of study and 10+ years industry experience OR MS in CS, Mathematics, InfoSec or similar field of study and 6+ years industry experience
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents