G_Energy Center Technician
- Location TERRELL, TX
- Department Distribution Centers
- Team Warehousing - Hourly
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Hourly
- Requisition 816059BR
What you'll do
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Clean or remedy issues pertaining to hazardous materials as a member of the Haz-Mat team.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Diagnose refrigeration and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop).
- Monitor work area for safety concerns, according to written procedures, and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Operate refrigeration system equipment (e.g. compressors, fan units, etc.)
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, banana room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on refrigeration system equipment according to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Troubleshoot and repair complex ammonia refrigeration system problems with equipment, logic controls and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- 1 year experience in industrial refrigeration (e.g. valve rebuilds, working with refrigeration systems); OR 1 year experience with HVAC
- Will obtain the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) and Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certifications within 30 months of job entry date and will maintain them while employed in this position
- 1 year experience with ammonia refrigeration
- RETA 1 certification
- RETA 2 certification
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents