Senior Director, Cloud Engineering
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 812900BR
What you'll do
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Delivers high quality products
- Delivers new products and manages one or more existing applications with minimum customer impact due to sales loss
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Develops technical strategies for eCommerce applications and systems
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation
- Ensures the successful execution of engineering projects
- Provides overall direction
* Leading multiple teams specializing in the areas of cloud platform development in a multi-platform environment, including software-defined networking, OpenStack architecture and deployment, and Kubernetes architecture and deployment, as well as Walmart’s utilization of the Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
* Working with cross functional teams across many geographies and time zones
* Cloud compliance
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 9 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 18 years OR 11 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 18 years OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 7 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 18 years.
* Travel to the Walmart Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas at least once per quarter.
* Ability to respond to urgent requests/calls (i.e., site issues) at night or on the weekends as needed.
* Experience with building cloud environments on premise and using public cloud (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Compute)
* Experience with developing large scale high through transaction systems
* Excellent tuning skills and understanding of performance characteristic of technologies
* Familiar with current technology trends and strength and weakness of the current trends and technologies
* 5 years experience supervising teams in both direct reporting and matrix structures.
* 5 years of budget management experience (for example, procurement of services, hardware, cost center P&L management).
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents