People Director - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Human Resources
- Team Human Resources
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 810085BR
What you'll do• Develops the People strategy to support defined business areas by partnering with business area leadership to align business goals and objectives; identifying performance trends, talent strengths, and development needs for the business area; developing change management plans for organizational initiatives; assessing workforce planning and talent management implications of various strategies; and directing performance management, rewards calibration, and associate engagement processes and initiatives.
• Develops talent management initiatives for defined business areas by identifying and defining needs within the business; analyzing current state talent data; adapting workforce planning techniques and processes to meet needs; directing the acquisition of key talent; leveraging strategic relationships with external organizations (for example, professional associations, educational groups); creating and monitoring action plans to meet diversity initiatives; and partnering with internal stakeholders (for example, Learning and Development, Recruiting, and Compensation) to fill business area talent gaps.
• Oversees the execution of People practices, systems, programs, and policies by determining success measures for programs by business area; collaborating with People Partners and support teams in the execution of initiatives; monitoring implementation of programs and policies to align performance with business area and company objectives; identifying and addressing execution and communication gaps; creating action plans to resolve implementation issues and establish best practices.
• Oversees change initiatives and Global People strategies by partnering with business sponsors to develop strategic implementation plans; eliminating barriers to change; driving milestones for business process changes and systems development; and obtaining buy-in from executive leadership.
• Analyzes environmental factors (for example, economic, operational) to support performance management by assessing key opportunities; conducting gap analyses; collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders to assess needs and success measures; developing business case for action; gaining executive approval for implementation; and ensuring solutions are aligned with the Global People strategy.
• Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
• Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders
• Human Resources certification (for example, Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR).
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents