Category Manager, Womens Apparel
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 809219BR
What you'll do• Manage a team of several specialists who are focused on optimizing a discrete set of products as they and you
• Build a category within Womens Apparel ensuring we have the right product assortment with optimized supplier relationships (owned, DSV, marketplace) and costing to efficiently deliver the items to the customer
• Ensure product has the right content (rich and static, UGC, etc) to enable customers to find exactly what they need from our assortment of tens of millions of items, make outstanding decisions, increasing customer satisfaction and decreasing returns
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Merchandising and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Drive sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in assigned department or categories
• Maximize the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
• Closely monitor results and react quickly and effectively to mitigate issues and leverage opportunities
• Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity
• Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
• 3+ years of Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers and/or Site Merchandisers
• Experience in the fashion industry
• Proven track record of developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
• Driving growth in extremely competitive environment
• Sound business judgement: taking calculated risks which pay off most of the time to accelerate the business
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Travel required roughly 1-2 times per quarter
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents