Data Scientist with NLP exp
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 802085BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsThe search algorithms team @WalmartLabs is dedicated to the mission of helping millions of customers every day in finding the right products. We are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or the iPad, our service goes to work. We mine billions of search queries and tens of millions of products to find the most relevant products for our customers. Team members take end-end responsibility in analyzing large amounts of data, creating complex models, improving their accuracy and deploying these models to serve customers.
As part of this team, you'll solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in machine learning, NLP and information retrieval. The algorithms you develop will champion customers need to express their intent and our goal to understand their preferences, implicitly or explicitly across devices and modalities (voice, text, image etc.). You will develop and deploy machine learned models, to engage and converse with our customers and to understand their goals and expectations to enable them to make the right purchase decision. Your work will be visible to millions of customers and you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 enterprise. If you speak and think machine learning, then we want to talk to you. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
In this role you will:
• Build advanced machine learning models and improve the accuracy of those models
• Crunch terabytes of data and build models from large dataset
• Deploy the models in production where it will serve customers in real time
• Work alongside senior machine learning researchers and define the right solution to implement
• Put on the hacker's hat quickly convert an idea to a demonstration
• Present your work to the internal and external community
• Proficient in Python or Java
* Must have NLP skills/exp
• Experience in using libraries like scikit learn, tensorflow, nltk
• Thorough understanding of the internals of the state of the art Machine Learning techniques
• Familiarity with SQL like language and ability to crunch data
• A good portfolio of Machine Learning projects
• A github account
• Experience in handling large dataset
• Familiarity with Deep Learning
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents