Sr. Buyer, Optical & Hearing - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 797638BR
What you'll do• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Merchandising by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
• Manages financial performance of assigned category across multiple lines by developing budgets; analyzing, and predicting financial trends for categories; identifying risks and teaching others to do the same; reviewing, analyzing and approving category decisions (exp: pricing decisions, capital expenditures) that impact category financials and identifies interrelationships among subcategory groups and categories and how category financial performance impacts overall segment finances.
• Develops supplier strategies expectations and performance metrics (exp: new business opportunities, product purchasing, etc), and new supplier relationships, monitors supplier performance and ensures supplier strategies align with corporate strategies to mitigate business and legal risk and to increase market share
• Oversees the procurement of products or goods and sets sourcing strategies, determines source countries and method of procurement (ex. Direct imports, diverted goods, etc), identifies key suppliers and manufacturers; recommends global, multi-market, and domestic bid awards to senior management , and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as compliance of category financial transactions and contractual agreements.
• Participates in the development of marketing programs and initiatives for categories or businesses by defining a marketing strategy; and ensuring product inventory meets the expectations and needs set by advertisements.
• Ensures knowledge of current and needed products by overseeing market analysis by gathering and analyzing market information; reviewing trends and/or historical data and market research conducted by market insights or suppliers; collaborating with others (exp: market insights, suppliers, etc) to determine additional needed information, and making category and subcategory recommendations based upon research findings.
• Develops category and subcategory strategies (exp: brand specifications), researches trends (exp: buying patterns, technology advancements, economic conditions, etc) and establishes specifications for categories, reviewing and approves category actions (exp: line reviews, product entry and exit strategies, etc) and give final approval to supplier items and quantities.
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
• 1 year supervisory experience
• 2 years experience with direct responsibility for Profit and Loss (P&L) statements
• 2 years supervisory experience
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents