Staff Data Scientist
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 795526BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsAs part of this team, you'll solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in machine learning, NLP and information retrieval. The algorithms you develop will champion customers need to express their intent and our goal to understand their preferences, implicitly or explicitly across devices and modalities (voice, text, image etc.). You will develop and deploy machine learned models, to engage and converse with our customers and to understand their goals and expectations to enable them to make the right purchase decision. Your work will be visible to millions of customers and you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 enterprise. If you speak and think machine learning, then we want to talk to you. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
• Deep knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
• Good functional coding skills in C++ or Java(Java is highly preferred) – talent must be capable of spending up to 10% daily work day in writing production code in either C++/Java/Hadoop/Hive
• Expert level knowledge of one of the scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
• Superior ability to analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
• Proven experience working with statistical languages such as R.
• Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.)
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Self starter, Quick learner, Keen observer, eye for detail and someone who relishes challenges
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents