Senior Manager Global Government Affairs - Latin America
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Corporate Affairs & Communications
- Team Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 793179BR
What you'll doManages Latin America strategies for Global Government Affairs by identifying key contacts (for example, foreign officials, policy influencers) within multilateral and Latin American regional organizations and governments; gaining trust, understanding, and support from influential individuals within international markets (for example, governments, opinion leaders); overseeing the coordination of visits to Walmart domestic and international facilities, markets, and events by influential individuals; aligning Walmart's Latin America strategy with political, economic, and social circumstances; guiding and collaborating with in- country associates on government affairs strategies; and responding to information and resource requests from in-country associates.
Manages and influences government policymaking and reputation across Latin American markets by developing and implementing government and institutional relations plans and programs; planning and coordinating events to influence policymaking and reputation; reviewing, creating, and implementing tools for government and policy influencers; incorporating company strategic positions in government affairs strategy; writing executive support products (for example, geopolitical analysis memoranda and government affairs talking points); identifying and implementing ways to advance Walmart international strategy; ensuring and maintaining consistent Walmart government affairs and reputational messaging in Latin America; and developing proactive government and institutional affairs strategies.
Manages internal and external coordination related to Walmart Global Government Affairs by serving as a point of contact to government officials and opinion leaders; recommending opportunities to position the company and its public policy priorities in or with regard to Latin America (for example, through speeches and other public and private engagement); supporting senior executives to increase understanding, confidence, and effectiveness of executive engagement in government affairs and reputational platforms; and developing internal written analysis, presentations, and other products for Walmart International senior executives and teams, Latin America markets, and the Global Government Affairs and broader Corporate Affairs team.
- Bachelor s degree in Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, Business, Economics, or related field and 4 years experience in corporate affairs, international business, or related field OR 6 years experience in corporate affairs, international Business, or related field.
• Project management experience related to government, policy, political elections, or grassroots advocacy campaign(s).
• 1 year of supervisory experience.
• 2 years corporate experience involving government affairs and institutional affairs.
• 2 years experience in government, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or policy-related not-for-profit organizations or foundations.
• Business proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents