Sr. Red Team Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 789130BR
What you'll doJob Description
The Senior Red Team Engineer is a very experienced, seasoned, and well-rounded penetration tester, belonging to Walmart Technology’s Red Team, protecting the globally distributed information assets of the world’s largest company through specialized offensive security testing and simulation of realistic adversary TTPs (Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures). This person is a relentless and creative bug hunter, has a deep adversarial mindset, disciplined methodology, and willingness to constantly collaborate with some very bright security minds on both the offense (red) and defense (blue) sides.
Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in commercial, open source, and custom software applications; infrastructure; people; and processes running across one of the world’s largest networks, chaining exploits together to simulate breach scenarios.
Manage vulnerability and exploit data in large scale tests using collaboration tools
across a tight-knit team.
Perform physical and social engineering exploits to demonstrate potential unauthorized access to locations containing sensitive computing hardware.
Compose finding reports, conduct technical debriefs, participate in executive debriefs, and record vulnerability data to ensure Incident Response and Engineering teams can quickly and efficiently begin remediation
Never stop learning the latest and most advanced offensive security techniques, development tools, frameworks, and adversary TTPs
Maintain testing tools, hardware, and equipment, creating new tools where appropriate.
Foster a Purple (Red + Blue) Team environment where security control efficacy can be measured and improved, increasing Walmart’s overall security posture.
• Demonstrable experience conducting post-exploitation activities is required
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of common networking configurations, load balancing, firewalls, and security controls
• Strong knowledge of authentication and SSO technologies
• Strong knowledge of applied cryptography and common implementation flaws
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields, plus 6 years working in security roles, OR, 8+ years working in technical security roles
• Able to possess a valid driver's license and passport for travel
• This role requires the ability to travel 0-25%
• Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE) certification is a plus
• Demonstrable experience identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in mobile applications (iOS, Android) is highly preferred
• Demonstrable experience conducting code reviews is a plus
• Excellent verbal skills preferred, security conference talks or publications are a plus
• Excellent knowledge of common operating systems is required, knowledge of less popular and legacy operating systems is a plus
• Knowledge of virtualized infrastructures and cloud orchestration is preferred
• Prior experience with retail technologies is a plus
• Experience in memory corruption exploits (stack/heap overflows) is a plus
• Experience conducting social engineering or phishing engagements is a plus
• Knowledge of physical access controls and common bypass techniques is a plus
• Ability to develop software in python and ruby is highly preferred
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents