Materials Engineer, Senior Technical Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 740352BR
What you'll doSenior Technical Manager
This requisition is for future Senior Technical Manager positions at Walmart Home Office.
Are you able to juggle technical processes, manage projects and work seamlessly within a cross-functional team?
Let’s talk more about you! You are an expert project planner with the ability to understand product cost and construction, schedule resources, solve technical problems and bridge the gap between technical and non-technical team members. You find it easy to effectively communicate with software developers, project managers and leadership. You understand the importance of following correct procedures, developing detailed requirements and providing the right information at the right time. You can be a team player, lead a team or act as a problem solver – it’s all in a day’s work!
Here are a few attributes that describe you:
• Strongly focused on latest technology
• Enjoys working with technical engineers
• Able to make quick decisions
As a Senior Technical Manager, you’ll be leading or participating in multiple projects. A typical day in this role will include serving as a liaison between technical and management teams, managing the approval workflows for various products, managing multiple projects, adjusting project schedules, and determining daily priorities for your team. You’ll be managing performance testing for different departments and benchmarking performance for various product categories. You may even find yourself on some international business trips. Sound like you? Take a look at the additional position details and qualifications below.
• You’ll be responsible for developing brand specifications for your business unit(s)
• You manage multiple business plans and projects
• You’ll oversee and set the direction for the projects you are managing
• You’ll be working to bring innovative and/or incremental products to the marketplace
• You’ll serve as the lead technical subject matter expert for buyers, brand teams, strategic suppliers and technical team members
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field and 3 years experience in manufacturing, quality control, product development, or related field OR 5 years experience in manufacturing, quality control, product development, or related field.
- 2 years experience in product sourcing.
- 2 years experience in product testing within a retail environment.
- 2 years experience working on multi-national teams.
- 2 years experience working with or for third-party testing laboratories.
- 2 years merchandising experience in a retail environment.
- Master s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Six Sigma or related certification.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents