Yard Truck and City Driver
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Full & Part Time
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition 4720200084CP
What you'll do at
- Attention to detail is required while maintaining records, logs and forms, including any forms required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Operating a Yard Truck off the facility property will be required.
As a City Driver, you will be operating a tractor trailer delivering trailer loads of merchandise to stores.
- You will be required to maintain records by retaining load-related paperwork, electronic logs (e.g., hours of service log) and forms (e.g., forms required by the Department of Transportation, local, state and federal agencies).
- Safety, accuracy and attention to detail are critical to these roles.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment to ensure safety and compliance
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Duties and ResponsibilitiesYard Driver Operations
- Drives tractor/trailors in a safe and correct manner by adhering to all regulations (e.g., company, local, state and federal).
- Transports trailers to appropriate destinations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged products, or improper procedures.
- Operates tractor/trailer in a safe and correct manner. Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and compliance.
- Maintain trailers by inspecting to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order; maintaining proper fuel levels; and performing trailer inventory checks.
- Utilize warehouse management systems (e.g., yard management system, radio) to move trailers to designated locations within the yard.
- Ensure quality by maintaining records, logs and forms, including any forms required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Operate tractor/trailer unit safely by adhering to all safety requirements, to include placing trailers in designated locations.
- Operate tractor/trailer safely by adhering to all safety requirements; inspect mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment of tractor/trailer unit before, during, and after trips.
- Maintain records by retaining load-related paperwork, electronic logs (e.g., hours of service log) and forms (e.g., forms required by the Department of Transportation, local, state and federal agencies).
- Maintain records by retaining trip-related paperwork (e.g., trip sheet) and electronic logs, and forms (e.g., forms required by the Department of Transportation).
- Plan routes based on local and state traffic laws and local restrictions; follow routes according to information from maps and atlas.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Yard Driver- Off Property (Driving off facility property)
- Valid state-issued driver--s license
- Will obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within 6 months of job entry date and will maintain it while employed in this position
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire. Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years. (*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years. (*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
- No preventable accident* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle). (*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents