Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Regional Class A Truck Driver
- Location GREENCASTLE, IN
- Career Area Drivers & Transportation
- Job Function Driver
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1458601BR
What you'll do at
Our drivers play an integral role in delivering the customer promise Walmart is known for, so starting March 2022, we increased the mileage and activity pay for all our CDL-A driving jobs across the nation. Because of the role drivers play in the success of our company, we’ve expanded our private fleet to over 12,000 drivers and that growth is not slowing down anytime soon. With our ever-increasing customer needs and freight demands, we continue to recruit the best and safest talent in the transportation industry. Top talent deserves top pay, for more than just your miles.
By investing in our associates, we’re ensuring we continue to offer the best driving jobs in the industry and a path for everyone to build a future and a career with Walmart.
With our increased mileage and activity pay, you will have the opportunity to earn up to $110,000 in your first year and more down the road!
We’re hiring regional CDL-A drivers within 250 miles of (Greencastle, IN). You will average 2,100 miles per week, with opportunities to run more if you choose!
Walmart’s regional CDL-A drivers are offered:
- Earn $100,000 up to $110,000 W2 in your first year
- Quarterly safety bonuses
- Scheduled pay increases annually
- Weekly home time
- Consistent weekly schedules
- Ability to choose the route schedule option that works best for you
- No touch freight deliveries
- Immediate medical benefit options
- Dental, vision, pharmacy, and additional life insurance benefit options
- 401K retirement plan and Stock Purchase Program options
- Up to 21 days of PTO during the first year
- Ask about our Walmart driver perks, such as our Referral Program, Rider Program, Driver Mentor Program, parking at Walmart locations and more!
Why drive for Walmart?
Stability. Established over 50 years ago, a driving career with our Fortune 1 private fleet offers more than job security, but also stability in pay, freight, and miles. Walmart’s unshakeable foundation is built on our goal to save our customers money so they can live better, and our drivers are essential in delivering on that promise.
Growth. As customer needs continue to grow, so do the career opportunities within our Supply Chain. As a Walmart driver, you can choose what personal career growth looks like for you. Whether that is growing your annual income, a path to management, the road to early retirement or somewhere in-between, we encourage you to grow with us.
Pride. Our private fleet drivers are proud to represent the Walmart spark on the road. It symbolizes their dedication to delivering on our customer promise, while prioritizing safety on the road. Pride in the Walmart spark extends beyond the individual driver, creating an atmosphere of respect and teamwork across the entire enterprise.
What we are looking for in our drivers:
- 30 months of previous CDL-A experience in the last 48 months.
- A safe driving record and continuous dedication to upholding high safety standards.
- Pride in your career as a driver and representing the Walmart spark on the road.
- Commitment to delivering on the customer promise.
- A positive, team player attitude with a passion for contributing to the overall success of Walmart.
Join us as we continue to build the best-in-class private fleet in the transportation industry. There’s a road here for everyone.
Choose a company that chooses to invest in you. Drive for Walmart.
- An Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
- A minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 4 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs convictions within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth