Sr Director Software Engineering - Store Tech
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1416993BR
What you'll do at
You will be accountable for a large distributed engineering team, tasked with building and enhancing a market leading platform with key business partners on multiple continents with the purpose of providing the best digital experience to store associates. Lead the design and architecture of cloud and mobile solutions for our Walmart Stores globally. This team supports associate technology platforms including, inbound and outbound merchandise, store inventory automation, location, item, pricing, store finance, associate communication and other innovative technology designed to continuously improve associate in-store experiences. The team is also responsible for advanced store automation projects, like the aisle scanning robot and FAST. This people leader will be responsible for the technical mentorship and professional development of 250 engineers across two main locations.
We believe in close collaboration to build products and services that meet our customer’s needs. The successful person in this role will be a student of the business, proactively recommending viable solutions that meet Walmart’s global stores team’s needs. The best candidate will embrace our culture of servant leadership and cross-team collaboration; working closely with other senior leaders in shaping our strategy and execution. The role requires a visionary leader who loves technology and loves leading people – and will help us evolve as technology and customer needs constantly change.
• Technology: Hands on technologist with deep and broad technical capability, and an innate passion for technology. Software delivery experience.
• People Leadership and Talent Development: Lead a large team of software engineers and leaders. Develop and lead a high performing management team.
• Technical credibility with the engineering team and a proven ability to productively challenge current thinking.
• Industry: Retail, Tech and Ecommerce a plus. Understands market demands.
• Communication and Relationships: with a diverse set of global business partners
• Degree in a STEM field preferred
• Is a missionary, not a mercenary
• 6 years experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations.
• 5 years experience leading cross-functional teams in information technology or related field.
• 4 years experience integrating new technologies or technical solutions into existing technology portfolio.
• 4 years experience using object-oriented design concepts.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents