Principal Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1332950BR
What you'll do at
As a principal engineer on the team, you will be responsible for developing system architecture that meets very tight latency and scalability requirements while optimizing on the cost of deployed hardware.
2. Hands on experience with event sourcing or event processing systems
3. Hands on experience with sharded relational databases supporting low latency, high volume transactions
4. Hands on experience with a map-reduce framework ( example: Apache Spark )
5. Ability to quickly understand design patterns underlying large codebases ( 100k lines or more ) and improve upon the patterns to achieve faster runtime speed and easier maintainability
6. Good understanding of operating system concepts and execution engine for a popular OO language ( Java JVM or C++ Standard Library )
• High level understanding of heuristics used for solving combinatorial optimization problems.
• Knowledge of graph algorithms like dijakstra, A*
• High level understanding of machine learning techniques for regression and classification
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts