Manager, Marketing Analytics – Category Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1324923BR
What you'll do at
As the Manager, Marketing Analytics – Category Analytics, you will create and lead the development of world-class analytics, to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of our marketing in order to drive aggregate performance for Walmart.com. You will be responsible for building out a holistic view of performance as well as a detailed analytics roadmap by leveraging state of the art analytics tools (i.e. SQL/Hive/Hadoop/Cloud, Adobe Analytics, VisualIQ, Tableau/ThoughSpot/Looker, etc.). Key projects include Attribution, Experimentation, and Optimization. This role is highly visible since it must work collaboratively with the US Marketing Analytics team. You will be charged with identifying areas of opportunity to drive revenue through data-driven best practices. Given the size and scale of marketing at Walmart.com this position will have significant impact across the organization.
• Lead and develop the strategy for reporting, testing, analyzing, and forecasting business performance across key Product Categories and Marketing Channels.
• Identify and provide both tactical ad hoc insights and a strategic ongoing roadmap of deep analytics.
• Integrate disparate data sources and leverage state-of-the-art analytics best practices; in order to deliver integrated actionable insights to partners and senior leadership around digital marketing optimization.
• Lead Category Marketing analytics through advanced analytics techniques such as demand curve analysis, finding adjacent category cross-sell opportunities, analyzing media investment scenarios, etc.; with the goal of helping the organization understand the best way to drive incremental sales.
• Lead Marketing Channel analytics through advanced analytics techniques such as multi-touch attribution, marginal Return on ad Spend (ROAS), experimentation, etc.; with the goal of helping the organization understand the best way to drive incremental sales.
• Participate in customer segmentation analysis, including acquisition and retention, CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost), and Lifetime Value (LTV) measurement.
• Build tools and lead training to enable Marketers to adopt an analytical mindset for their daily business decisions.
• Partner with the Data Engineering & Measurement teams to define data architecture and in-house tool requirements, ensure complete tagging and tracking of assets and campaigns, and to design actionable testing scenarios.
• Partner with Data Science/Machine Learning Team to develop AI techniques to optimize business performance.
• 5+ years of experience in data analysis or an analytical capacity.
• 1+ years of experience in Marketing Analytics, Digital Analytics, or Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
• 1+ years of experience leading cross functional teams and influencing Marketing, Finance, Business Ops and Engineering.
• Proficient SQL programming skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience of integrating, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources.
• Experience leveraging big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop) and modern data visualization tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker) to blend data from multiple sources to help answer multi-dimensional business questions.
• Experience with statistical concepts and knowledge of Test/Control methodologies.
• Expert level understanding of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to synthesize findings into tangible actions that help drive business outcomes.
• Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to lead projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
• You can communicate technical material to a range of audiences and to ‘tell a story’ that provides insight into the business.
• You embrace tackling complex problems with a high degree of ambiguity.
• Travel ~10-20% of the time, mainly to Hoboken, NJ (Jet.com) and Bentonville, AR (Walmart, Inc.).
***Position can be located in San Bruno, CA; Hoboken, NJ or Bentonville, AR.***
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 2 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field OR 4 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field.
• Background in Digital Marketing Analytics, Retail and/or eCommerce.
• Experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation.
• Retail and/or eCommerce industry experience in a heavily data-driven environment preferred.
• Working knowledge of Digital Marketing Channels (at least CPC Paid Search and Programmatic Display).
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience optimizing paid media channels through advanced Marketing and Ad Technology (i.e. Marin, Kenshoo, Google DoubleClick & Adwords, etc.).
• Experience using an enterprise-level digital analytics platform (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.).
• Preference will be given to candidates with a working understanding of attribution and the differences between rules-based last click attribution versus algorithmic multi-touch attribution. Additionally, experience with Media Mix Modeling is a plus.
• Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents