- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1298534BR
What you'll do at
The Senior Manager establishes and drives strategy for product design and execution of our associate experiences within Walmart's enterprise applications. You will join a leadership team with responsibilities that require creativity, technical expertise and business sense. You thrive in a dynamic environment with demanding business partners. Together, we will find solutions to meaningful design challenges at scale.
We need a seasoned design leader with a record of shipping user experiences and user interfaces (UX/UI) for business-to-business (B2B) software.
What you'll do
- Recruit and develop top talent by mentoring and managing a team of 6-8 designers
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a deep understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions
- Lead designers through dynamic requirements with complex business needs, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry standards, including agile and lean product development methodologies
- Deliver a product roadmap with business partners to drive a creative omnichannel associate experience strategy
- Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
- Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement)
- Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides
- Provide overall direction for design
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years' design experience OR Masters Degree and 3 years' design experience OR 6 years' design experience
- Portfolio (include a link or an attachment with your application)
Masters Degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Architecture, Business, or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience leading design teams and managing direct reports
Demonstrated success infusing design thinking into the culture of an organization, demonstrated by leadership in a culture of customer-driven innovation
- 5-7 years experience in software design or related field
- 5-7 years experience building efficient scalable systems in enterprise applications, eCommerce, SaaS or a related field
- 2 years experience developing internal user experience solutions with agile methodology
- 2 years experience crafting internal user experience solutions for internal tool development using modern technologies
- Ideally versed in both online and integrated retail environments
- Experience effectively working with cross-functional senior leadership
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts