Truck Shop Repair Technician
- Location SEYMOUR, IN
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Transportation
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1298279BR
What you'll do at
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Correctly identifies and performs warrantable repairs
- Performs intermediate to advanced inspections, repairs, and replacements following company guidelines on all Walmart equipment (for example,trailers, tractors, yard trucks, shop equipment, service vehicles)
- Receive fuel drops and conduct fuel sampling
- 1 year of college, a technical school degree, or certification in Heavy Duty Truck/Trailer Maintenance OR 2 years' experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair.
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.25, which includes one of the following: successful completion of a brake maintenance or inspection training program sponsored by a brake or vehicle manufacturer or similar commercial training program OR 1 year s experience performing brake maintenance or inspection in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year s experience performing brake maintenance or inspection at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.19, which includes one of the following: Successful completion of a state or federal training program or has a certificate from a state or Canadian province which qualifies the person to perform commercial vehicle inspections OR successful completion of a truck or trailer manufacturer sponsored training program or similar commercial training program designed to train students in truck operation and maintenance OR 1 year s experience as a mechanic or inspector in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year s experience as a mechanic or inspector in truck or trailer maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or other similar facility OR 1 year s experience as a commercial vehicle inspector for a state, provincial, or federal government.
- 1 year s experience using computer applications (for example, email, spreadsheets, word processing).
- 3 years' experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Brake, PMI, and Electrical Certification.
- Both Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) driver's certification.
- College or technical school level coursework in heavy duty truck/Trailer Maintenance.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents