Senior Manager, Data Science
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1293162BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for outstanding data science managers whose skills span the entire spectrum of Machine Learning/Data-Science research, i.e. data-gathering/cleaning, modeling, implementation, publication and presentation. You will be managing a team of 6 -10 highly competent data scientists.
▪ Lead and grow a team of data scientists
▪ Provide technical guidance and mentoring to data scientists
▪ Identify opportunities to impact Walmart’s product strategy with data science insights
▪ Partner with teams such as Product Management, Engineering, and Design to collaborate on initiatives across the company
▪ Work with the data science management team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire Data Science organization
▪ Work closely with Recruiting to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- PhD, MBA or equivalent degree in computational science with 2+ years of experience in Machine Learning or Data Science
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of data scientists for at least 3+ years
- Experience with traditional as well as modern statistical techniques, including Regression, Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Boosting, Random Forests, and other Ensemble Methods;
- Strong implementation experience with high-level languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala or similar scripting languages;
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience of writing production quality code;
- Experience with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts;
- Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications;
- Knowledge of data processing on Azure or GCP ML platforms
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts