Safety and Compliance Operations Manager (Sun-Thurs)
- Location CHINO, CA
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Salaried FT
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1277589BR
What you'll do at
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
- Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives
- Oversees warehouse daily operations
- Prepare, review, and/or analyze business reports, and use information to identify operational improvements (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management, Criminal Justice, Safety, Environmental) and 1 year experience in an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Asset Protection Area Manager OR 3 years in a management role in Asset Protection or safety field developing and executing strategies to reduce accidents and minimize loss (e.g., accident prevention, theft deterrence, safety, fire protection and environmental management) supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager.
- 1 year experience monitoring and managing compliance with local, state, and federal regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, DEA)
- Both Bachelor's Degree in an industry related field (e.g. Criminal Justice, Criminology, Safety, Environmental) and 3 years in a management role in any industry supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees
- Certification in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Loss Prevention Professional (LPP), Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Safety & Health Technologist (OHST))
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents