Risk Expert Cybersecurity-Walmart Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Cybersecurity
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1273009BR
What you'll do at
- Walmart Cyber Security Risk Consultants review new and amended technologies prior to their introduction into a production environment.
- Their objective is to identify gaps in information security controls and consult with business/technical teams to resolve or mitigate any identified gaps.
- Upon completion of their risk review, the Cyber Analyst provides a recommendation to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) concerning the technology’s suitability for deployment.
- Cyber Risk Consultant’s also partner with key Compliance groups such as Privacy, Payment Card Industry(PCI) , HiPAA and Legal subject matter experts to ensure these technologies present both technical and regulatory integrity
- The Risk Consultant serves as a conduit between business teams deploying technologies and Information Security and Compliance teams.
- The Consultant develops and deploys strategies to promote technology speed-to-market while simultaneously ensuring the technologies demonstrate acceptable risk.
- The Cyber Security Risk Consultant plays a central role in Walmart’s overall Information Security governance.
- The Consultant is a primary point of contact for business teams seeking to deploy technologies, as well as a key partner to all Walmart Compliance groups
- The role is critical, fast-paced, and diverse in the scope of technologies/issues the Consultant evaluates.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or risk related field and 6 years' experience in information technology or risk related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years' experience in information technology or risk related field within the last 10 years.
• Customer and Stakeholder Oriented – grasps customer perspective and works toward win-win solutions. Builds excellent relationships across the organization via being responsive and delivering strong results when requested.
• Research oriented, analytical and produces high quality of work – Willingness to perform the necessary research to understand risks completely. Ability to analyze both macro and micro factors; comparative / statistical reasoning; discernment. Displays well thought out, supported positions on issues.
• High Communications Skills, Team-oriented and Open-minded – understands when and how to leverage written and spoken communications and summarization; ability to communicate up within the organization, as well as with diverse groups of specialists. Fluent in written and spoken English as member of globally distributed team. Ability to recognize/accept team positions over personal positions and support same.
• Project Management – prioritization, task management, flexibility. Can work within short timelines. Effectively tracks multiple projects, communications, deadlines, and special requests. Follows up and follows through.
• Confident with high Emotional Intelligence – willingness and ability to take a position. Able to discern what matters most, when to include others and how best to communicate issues.
• Innovative and Forward-thinking – solves problems and looks for better, quicker ways to produce results. Tracks and remains apprised of IT trends, risks and events to remain contemporary.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents