Director, Strategy & Operations - Customer Technology
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1271748BR
What you'll do at
Your specific responsibilities include
- Managing the operating structures for the team including all Leadership Team (LT) meetings, Business and roadmap reviews and budget for the Customer Technology organization
- Looking left to right across the business area to draw out insights, drive efficiencies and solutions to business problems to ensure the team is setup to meet business goals
- Coordinating with key stakeholders across Walmart Labs to improve alignment, develop joint priorities with commercial and field teams and drive customer focused results
- Business Strategy: You will drive strategic initiatives and provide thought leadership to both the SVP and team VP’s leading the various teams within the Customer Technology organization. Identify issues that impede business success and provide solutions/recommendations. Identify opportunities to create cross group collaboration and synergies. Orchestrate team design conversations and facilitate successful implementation of organizational plans. Provide insight and advice to the leadership team around operational excellence, headcount, resource and fiscal planning, participate in overall group strategy decisions and assist in implementing policies and procedures. Helping balance priorities, communicate effectively and participate in the most relevant meetings, while connecting with the team by translating dialogues into actions and/or projects that achieve the business expected outcomes
- Business Operations: Lead and coordinate the internal improve processes to run the business efficiently. Partner with finance to ensure effective budget management and forecasting. Partner with staffing teams to meet hiring requirements and elevate staffing conversations with the LT.
- Business Planning: Manage the planning process ensuring coordination with Product and Business leaders, as well as planning integration across stakeholders. Manage team participation as needed in strategic business planning activities, offsites, LT meetings and agenda, including follow through, action tracking, and related communications. Participate as a valued LT member who can offer synthesized business perspectives relevant to influencing key strategic decisions.
- Communications: Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings and manager meetings. Establish and maintain communication vehicles to ensure leadership messages are communicated to the field and field feedback is provided to the LT.
- Headcount Management: Track and approve OPEX and COGs headcount hiring against budget. Develop and improve processes for balancing headcount allocation across the organization. Interface with Recruiting to optimize hiring processes while managing to headcount budget.
- Reporting: Ensure routine and consistent reporting to leadership on key areas of the business. To the extent possible, work with the team on automating the reports out of task and knowledge management repositories.
- Special Projects: Drive high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments. Successful project management, including work with internal SMEs, and sometimes external agencies, on strategic efforts that require hands-on experience across multiple functional disciplines and business organizations.
- 10+ years of proven management experience and results in a technology organization, with experience across multiple disciplines
- 5+ years of experience driving high performing teams to design, build, evaluate, support, and continuously improve programs and processes spanning a global organization
- 5+ years of experience as a professional Consultant or using consulting skills with large organizations
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk.
- Project/program management leadership including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, human resources, and integration management
- Experience working with customers, partners and field resources in a multi-national environment
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders
- Masters degree or higher is desirable.
- Experience leading management efforts in a similarly changing business environment (ecommerce, software, biotech, etc.)
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts