Staff Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1271504BR
What you'll do at
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years experience in software engineering or related field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years experience in software engineering or related field.
7+ years of experience in programming and scripting Languages: C, C+, Java, R, Python, Java script, shell/pearl scripting etc.
Experience in deploying BI/Analytics Tools or BI development using tools like Tableau/Qlik/Looker/Power BI/SAS etc.
Hands on experience in doing proofs of concepts based on business and technology needs and communicating Technology direction to top management
Hands on experience working on cloud platforms is required
Experience working with databases like MongoDB/Teradata/Bigdata is required
Experience in deploying and managing Kubernetes and Container technologies like Docker is a great advantage
Solid Communication skills are a must
About Walmart Labs
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts