- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1268409BR
What you'll do at
In this role you will
- Mining massive data, deriving business insights, and proposing interesting modeling projects that have the potential to have high business impact;
- Utilizing cutting-edge machine learning/statistical/optimization techniques to deliver solutions for projects in the domain of customer acquisition and retention. Examples of projects include ads revenue per click prediction, marketing budget allocation optimization, customer purchase propensity prediction, customer churn rate prediction, etc.
- Pulling data from warehouse, performing feature engineering, back-testing models, comparing model performances and implementing tested models and algorithms in scalable and product-ready code;
- Designing statistically sound online A/B testing experiments to properly evaluate the effectiveness and business value of proposed solutions;
- Collaborating with engineering teams to define interfaces, understanding and resolving dependencies;
- Developing visuals and reports to efficiently communicating model results and insights to business teams.
- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through patent applications, publications, conference presentations, and external collaboration and service to the research community.
• Technical expertise in data mining, machine learning, NLP, Information Retrieval, and statistical analysis.
• Proficient in machine learning and data mining packages in Python or R.
• High proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java, C/C++, etc.).
• Expertise with shell scripting and automation.
• Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau and D3.js.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
• Exemplary communication skills, ability to work with large cross functional teams of technical and non-technical members.
• Experience in extracting and manipulating data from structured databases using SQL languages.
• Prior experience in eCommerce or online retail or customer acquisition/retention domain.
• Prior experience with AB testing and experimentation design under unconventional settings.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts