Truck Shop Technician III
- Location LAGRANGE, GA
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Hourly
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1267205BR
What you'll do at
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and ensures tractor/trailer maintenance
- Monitors fuel drops
- Performs inbound trailer inspections on the distribution center lot
- Preforms routine and preventative maintenance repairs
- 3 years' experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair (for example, electronic diagnostics, A/C troubleshooting and repair).
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Section 396.25, which includes one of the following: successful completion of a brake maintenance or inspection training program sponsored by a brake or vehicle manufacturer or similar commercial training program OR 1 year experience performing brake maintenance or inspection in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year experience performing brake maintenance or inspection at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility.
- Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning Recovery and Recycling Compliance Qualified as defined by EPA Section 609 of the Clean Air Act. (for example, IMACA, MAC).
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Section 396.19, which includes one of the following: successful completion of a State or Federal training program or has a certificate from a state or Canadian Province which qualifies the person to perform commercial vehicle inspections OR successful completion of a truck or trailer manufacturer - sponsored training program or similar commercial training program designed to train students in truck operation and maintenance OR 1 year experience as a mechanic or inspector in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year experience as a mechanic or inspector in truck or trailer maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or other similar facility OR 1 year experience as a commercial vehicle inspector for a State, Provincial, or Federal Government.
- 1 year s experience using computer applications (for example, email, spreadsheets, word processing).
- 4 years' experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair with multiple original equipment manufacturers (OEM) (for example, electronic diagnostics, A/C troubleshooting and repair).
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Technician Certification.
- Both Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) driver's certification.
- College or technical school level coursework in heavy duty truck/Trailer Maintenance.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents