Staff Data Scientist (GEC11903)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1265820BR
What you'll do at
Join us if you want to be spending your time on:
- Gathering and analyzing data, identifying key prediction/classification problems, devising solutions and building prototypes;
- Formulating machine learning/statistical/optimization approaches while paying attention to business metrics, designing features from the rich data available from many sources, training, evaluating, and deploying models;
- Researching and implementing methodologies to measure the impact of the technologies;
- Initiating and proposing unique and promising modeling projects, developing new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate;
- Developing high-performance algorithms for precision targeting; testing and implementing these algorithms in scalable, product-ready code; Interacting with other teams to define interfaces and understanding and resolving dependencies;
- Staying current on published data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques and competing technologies and sharing these findings with scientists and engineers in the organization;
- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community.
- Experience with traditional as well as modern machine learning/statistical techniques, including Regression, Classification, Regularization, Ensemble Methods, Deep Neural Network, and Hypothesis Testing;
- Strong implementation experience with languages, such as Python, R, Java, C/C++; familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience leading machine learning/data science projects;
- Experience working with product, sales and other key stakeholders to drive business success.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts