Director, Global Data Solutions Consulting
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1261174BR
What you'll do at
Fundamental interactions will exist with the Chief Data Officer team, Walmart’s business executives, product management, data science, UX, data stewardship, engineering across technology teams to ensure alignment on our evolving platform tools and the roadmap required to power Walmart innovation and digital transformation.
The Director, Global Data Solutions Consulting will report to the Senior Director, Global Data Platforms.
About the Global Data Platform Organization:
The Global Data and Analytics Platforms (GDAP) team provides the Artificial Intelligence platform, customer platform, data foundation infrastructure and visualization portal products that form part of core platforms and services that drive Walmart’s business. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and build next-generation business models and ecosystems. As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a role in establishing our platform strategy and ensure our data and analytics assets consistently power innovation at Walmart’s scale.
- The Director Solutions Consulting must possess a strong user-focused knowledge of a range products. This person will participate in and may lead the design process during customer engagements. They must have the ability to relate technical concepts and business requirements to Global Data applications and user needs.
- Our solutions consultants will use strong problem-solving skills to outline platform solutions to customer needs. Additionally, they must have excellent public speaking skills both in small and large group settings. The consultant must have the ability to relate technical concepts and business requirements to Global Data applications and user needs.
- Interact with data science, engineering and UX groups across Walmart to understand their challenges, propose and implement solutions leveraging Walmart platform capabilities.
- Onboard new data science, engineering and UX customers onto core platforms, guiding them proactively all along the process, and following up with them to address any issues
- Work closely with our software engineers and product managers, gain a unique end-to-end perspective of our platforms and engage with product managers to help model future versions of the platform
- Act as a technical consultant and subject matter expert for cross-functional teams
- Educate and train engineering, UX and data science customers on platform capabilities and best practices
- The technical design and projects you will face will be complex and will require a strong analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving
- Mentor and collaborate with fellow teammates
- Drive and influence team strategy and vision
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Who you are:
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You have strong problem solving, analytic, design, architecture, decision-making and communication skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You thrive in dynamic team environments and have a customer-centric attitude while solving problems.
- You have a technical background or ability to speak to / develop reference architectures as they apply to data and analytics infrastructure and AI/Cognitive capabilities.
- You design, build and lead great teams.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You can simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and teammates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything will be made better."
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical understanding, and can apply these in real-world activities
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig in-depth look in places that others ignore
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Experience in Java, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Knowledge of machine learning life cycle, training and deployment of machine learning models
- Knowledge of jupyter, zeppelin notebooks
- Experience in building scalable/highly available distributed systems in production
- 5 or more year(s) experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), RESTful web services
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages (Shell, Python/PHP) a plus
- Experience in implementing CI/CD, Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system a plus
- Knowledge of docker container and container orchestration system like Kubernetes a plus
- Knowledge of public cloud ecosystems a plus
- Ability to quickly understand and translate business logic into technical behavior
- Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and remedies is a very desirable strength.
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Experience leading diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data to solve new business problems
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with an ability to work, develop, and think at a strategic level.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts