Senior Director, Marketing - Beauty Category
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1259876BR
What you'll do at
Challenges you’ll be tackling
• You’ll have a unique, omni-channel hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of these nascent categories for Walmart stores and Walmart.com.
• You’ll partner closely with the Retail GMs to grow their business. Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design).
• Develop the company’s marketing vision for Beauty - as well as short and long term plans- in line with corporate strategy and business goals, designed to acquire new customers, increase retention and customer loyalty, grow sales, improve marketing operating efficiency.
• Build a world class beauty marketing function that embraces innovation and delivers results. Bring new ideas, creativity, and insights to Beauty Group across all media (digital, in-store, experiential).
• Ensure alignment of all strategies, tactical programs, communications, and activities across all marketing channels. Deliver sales growth plan.
• Lead development and execution of all digital marketing channels: email, paid search, SEO, affiliate, media partnerships, social media, and mobile. Develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
• Lead development and execution of marketing analytics with a focus on CRM, web analytics, customer insights, web analytics and market research.
• Partner with key internal Beauty Group partners (Merchandising, Planning, Creative, Product, Operations, Finance) to prioritize and develop the roadmap for key initiatives.
• Develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization.
• Manage a team of marketers and develop their marketing skillset across all marketing disciplines.
Specifically, the ideal candidate has a demonstrable track record in the following dimensions:
• Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience leading a multi-functional and disciplined marketing organization
• Expertise in leveraging offline + digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
• Superior analytical skills and the ability to leverage performance data and convert consumer insights and trend data into high impact marketing initiatives
• Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact based argument and be results/metrics driven.
• Strategic vision and ability to execute programs with measurable impact.
• Oversee the growth and development of category specific, customer-centric, lifestyle marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention, and partnership teams to bring plans to life.
• Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough, innovative marketing campaigns to drive category adoption and growth.
• Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
• Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
• Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Highly proficient in excel.
• Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand building efforts.
• Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
• Strong performance marketing experience. Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
• Knowledge of and interest in customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
• BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents