Sr. Designer – Home Category
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1258289BR
What you'll do at
•The Sr. Designer is a strategic thinker with an advanced design background and a passion for innovation, who will help elevate/develop the design aesthetic in the Home department and drive a great customer experience.
•As the senior designer, s/he will help inspire and develop a team of fellow designers in a fast-paced environment.
•S/he is an expert at partnering with cross functional teams and spearheading improvements to existing design initiatives.
•S/he supports and maintains the strategic alignment of design programs and assets under the guidance of senior creative management and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures while supporting the company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Brand Management: Provides review of creative work done
- Budgets and Financial Management: Provides input into team budget and manages budget for own work.
- Collaboration: Works with agency partners from inception to completion and resolves routine issues. Collaborates with other Marketing groups (Advertising, Marketing Strategy and Planning, Customer Experience, Digital, etc.) and stakeholders outside of Marketing (e.g., Category Management) to coordinate tasks and ensure campaign alignment.
- Creative Asset Development: Partners with more experienced creative team members to translate business needs into creative solutions.
- Creative Brief Review: Maintains awareness of multiple creative briefs developed
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Innovation and Strategy: Assists in the audit/assessment of customer experience trends and develops recommendations for ongoing creative innovation and/or enhanced user experience and tools. Provides input into the customer experience strategy.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- People Development: Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Project Management: Manages creative projects and conveys status/information to creative manager(s) and/or team leads.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
•A strong design portfolio with a breadth of projects demonstrating thought process and detail-oriented executional skills.
•Solid understanding of design principles and industry trends.
•Great communication and presentation skills. You are articulate and can advocate design decisions.
•Strong team leadership and collaboration /partnering skills. We are a dynamic team where thoughts and ideas are exchanged freely and collaboration is encouraged.
- Bachelor s degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 1 year's experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field OR 3 years' experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field.
•3+ years of experience managing projects in an online creative or related digital field.
•Expertise of Adobe Creative Suite, solid working knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- 1 year's experience working for or with creative agencies.
- 2 years' experience managing interactive projects in an online creative or related digital field.
- 2 years' experience working with content management systems.
- 2 years' experience working with design software (for example, Adobe Creative Suite), including proficiency in advanced functions (for example, multi-layer masking and compositing).
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents