Director, Global Data Cloud Strategy and Execution
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1256425BR
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Chief Data Officer organization, this role will be a crucial enabler of our journey to be the world's leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking a leader to own the transition of Walmart’s Data and Analytics platforms and enablement programs to cloud-based technologies. In this role, you will drive value through all omnichannel organizations and third-party partners, to design and implement consistently smarter and more effective cloud transformation strategies, roadmaps and execution programs.
Fundamental interactions will also exist with the Chief Data Officer team, Walmart’s business executives, product management, data science, data stewardship, engineering across technology teams to ensure alignment on the cloud strategy, and the roadmap required to power Walmart innovation and digital transformation.
The Director, Global Data Cloud Strategy and Execution will report to the Senior Director, Global Data Platforms.
About the Global Data Platform Organization:
Our organization focuses on the rapid development and evolution of Walmart’s global data and analytics platforms [data pipeline, data lake, data governance, the artificial intelligence platform, data discovery, business intelligence and self-service]. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and build next-generation business models and business ecosystems. As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a role in establishing our cloud strategy and ensure our data and analytics assets consistently power innovation at Walmart’s scale.
Design Walmart’s Data and Analytics cloud strategy and roadmap. The cloud strategy will develop a strategic framework, financial and execution plan for how Walmart evolves our Global Data and Analytics platforms with cloud capabilities to address GAPs and accelerate best practices.
- Research the go to market strategies of the cloud players and determine the best way to optimize Walmart’s Data and Analytics platforms within the cloud infrastructure and AI/Cognitive plays.
- Work closely with the cloud, technology, finance and business partners to develop our Global Data roadmaps with each cloud provider. Align with product management and engineering on critical development items and timeframes to accelerate Walmart’s impact across each business domain and market.
- Serve as a cloud technical and market expert within Walmart’s internal organization; Create and lead a virtual team of in both the product, technology and business domains groups across the company. Be an advocate for the evolution of Walmart’s Global Data Platform as a driver of cloud consumption models
- Serve as a cloud expert for Walmart within industry forums; Create and lead a virtual team that can influence the organization on the value of data and analytics within enterprise and domain cloud deployments as partners execute on their digital transformation roadmaps and continue to improve their ability to do so. Proactively drive awareness of Walmart’s cloud strategy and proposition in cloud market forums.
- Develop an understanding of the markets the Global Cloud Providers operate in, and each partner’s competitive strategy. Develop an understanding of Walmart’s foothold in the cloud providers businesses and determine strategic actions we can take to optimize financial outcomes and business impact.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in developing a strategic framework for growth by optimizing the value drivers Walmart is pursuing in Cloud, e.g. data transformation, application virtualization, innovative customer experience strategies, regional / global application reach, AI/Cognitive capabilities, etc.
- You have software industry, cloud industry experience; Intelligent Automation industry knowledge key
- Market research / analysis and financial assessment experience critical so market-based assumptions, global requirements, segmentation based strategies, and financial viability are included in all proposals
- You have experience in driving ecosystem strategy and execution with Global Cloud Providers to ensuring all proposals are actionable
- You have prior relationships with and / or experience in working in or with one of the Global Cloud Provider companies a big plus; Well networked within the cloud community
- You have a technical background and/or ability to speak to / develop reference architectures as they apply to data and analytics infrastructure and AI/Cognitive capabilities .
- You design, build and lead great teams.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You can simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and teammates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything will be made better."
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen, and can apply these in real-world activities
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep look in places that others ignore
- Minimum of 10 years of strategy and program leadership experience and cross-functional influence
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Experience leading diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data to solve new business problems
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with an ability to work, develop, and think at a strategic level.
- Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and remedies is a very desirable strength.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts